Interview by Jimon
1. Where do you currently reside and work? I live and work in Le Mans, France.
2. How long have you been making art and what lead you to start? We are artist from the beginning we don’t become.
3. Did you study art or is it inherent? In 2000 I studied at an art school for 6 months and I stopped. I was bored, I spent my time at the school Library. Then I stopped making some art, I slept. In 2006 I woke up slowly and now I only make art.
4. How would you describe Macsime Simon? Simply complicated for other people.
5. Have you ever come across a piece of art that you could not or did not want to stop looking at? People.
6. If you had to watch one movie on repeat for eternity, what would it be? When I was young a movie marked me, “Jacob’s Ladder” also “The game” with Michael Douglas.
7. How do you define success? Everyone has a little drawing of me above his/her bed.
8. What kind of art hangs on the walls of your home? Only white walls.
9. What’s the best advice you’ve gotten about being an artist? No answer.
10. What influences you as an artist? I don’t believe in influence or inspiration, we want to do or not to do.
11. How would you like to be seen as an artist years from now? A true artist and the kindest.
12. If you could be an apprentice to any artist dead or alive who would it be? None, the artists are interesting for what they are doing not for who they are.
13. Three things you can’t live without in your studio? Books, music, computer.
14. How would someone find you on social media?
Facebook (Maxime Facultatif) https://www.facebook.com/MacsimeFacultatif
Instagram (macsimefacultatif) https://www.instagram.com/macsimefacultatif/Back to List