Interview by Jimon
- Where do you currently reside and paint? I currently reside and paint in Rayong, Thailand.
- What’s made you decide to paint? It’s the impression, the wonder that occurred in my mind of how colors and textures in nature merge together in such harmony. That was when I decided to paint.
- Did you study art or is it inherent? Yes, I studied sculpture and graduated in 1998.
- Do you remember the first piece of art that captured your imagination? I can’t remember which picture was the first one, because I started painting when i was a child.
- One word to describe Teeoutis Teeansawat? Who loves art and makes art.
- Are you trying to send a message through your art or is it purely for inspiration? It’s a way of communicating. I want the audience to feel, think and imagine with me.
- What makes you decide a painting is finished? The feeling I have at a certain moment when I know a piece is done.
- How do you choose the colors in your paintings? I choose the colors based on how I feel.
- What kind of art hangs on the walls of your home? Mostly abstract art
- What influences you as an artist? Faith, belief, and beauty.
- Where do you see yourself as an artist in 20 years? An artist who still makes art.
- Do you listen to music whilst creating, if so what genre? I like to listen to rock and jazz music when working.
- If you could have dinner with three artists living or dead, who would be at your table? Willem de Kooning, Francis Bacon, Robert Rauschenberg.
- Three things you can’t live without in your studio? My art equipment, inspiration and the joy to work.
- Do you have a place/person or thing that you visit for inspiration? Browsing the Internet and visiting art galleries.
- Anything else you’d like to mention? Yes, I just love art.
you can purchase artist’s work in the BUY section.
Back to List